Wednesday, July 26, 2006

0726

OK - here are a few details: Alex and I left Cape Cod on Tuesday, planning to stop at Caryn & Joe's house on the way, but I wasn't able to leave early enough so decided I'd stay in a hotel instead. But, I just kept driving, and ended up at home at midnight. We stopped once for dinner (and a few stops for gas, of course.) At dinner, I convinced the waitress to hang out with Alex for 2 minutes while I ran to the bathroom, and when I returned she had given him a helium balloon and some crayons (both dangerous for babies!) He had a great time with the balloon, though, so I kept it attached to his car seat the rest of the trip home.

In DC, things have been great, though we are crazy trying to figure out how to pack for Thailand. We've all been to several neighborhood pools with friends. One is at the Marriott across the park from us, and it's nice & shady though lacking a baby pool. The one that comes with our apt is nice, too, but is not shady. I also went to a public pool at 25th & N street, which is great - there's a gentle slope from the dry area into the pool, so babies can crawl in at their own pace.

Last week all three of us went to a birthday party for a baby named Tess. Then Jill came over & hung out while Alex slept and Angela and I met up with some of the people that she's taking this class with and ate some dinner out.

We all got haircuts on Saturday! Angela and I cut Alex's hair, and we had professionals do ours later that day. We think we did a decent job, though we only had to cut the sides & back.

Alex makes a lot of babytalk!


Swimming...


Taking a dip in a bin of toys..



Alex LOVES to push the sweeper around the apartment..


6 teeth...


Hair..


Pick me up..


More swimming..


Cape walk..(this picture is a bit older..)

No comments: