Friday, May 26, 2006

0526

Alex slept very well last night, though he woke up a bit early (5:15.) We all took a nice zoo walk, still too late to hear the gibbons, but we were able to see them, at least, and some kind of giant rabbit-like creature that couldn't scale a 2-foot wall that made up his cage. And we saw dogs in the dog park (far end of Walter Pierce park.) Alex make excited sounds when he saw a little kid, and was also excited to see dogs. I think I'll get him a dog while Angela is out of town...

Then he ate breakfast and napped for 3 hours. Woke up, ate a quick lunch, and we all went downtown on the S2 bus (or S4?) to the National Gallery sculpture park. Not lots of sculpture (but a few interesting pieces,) but there's a really nice fountain & pond in the center. First we let Alex put his feet in, then he started to get the idea that kicking the water would be fun. Soon his pants were soaked, and part of his onesie, too. Soon enough we had to change him entirely, but he really had a great time putting hands & feet in the water. Hope he likes the pool as much! We returned by subway and Alex had a short late-afternoon nap.

Alex still has a rash, and some poo issues, so around noon I called the doctor to see if we should come in. The nurse wasn't terribly concerned, but said that her official protocol indicated that he probably should, so we set up at 2:30 time for us to come as walk-in patients (that means 'wait for many hours,' by the way). But as the day wore on, and after more consideration, I decided that he wasn't in any real peril, and that we could wait 'till monday. I'm quite sure this will clear up before monday comes!

Anyway, Alex had a good dinner (he's eating well & very happy today, and napped well,) and we had a good video conference with his mom, though the picture was poor because of poor lighting at her desk in her room right now. And Alex was asleep by 7:15.

Now I'm already sleepy...

Peter


P.S. Here are some videos of Alex splashing in the water - click here, here, and here.









No comments: