Thursday, May 25, 2006

0525

Alex woke up sometime around midnight, at which time I woke up and tried to ignore him for a bit. Finally, I gave in when mom woke up because of his crying. Of course, his diaper was dirty, and he was thirsty. But then, he simply would not go back to sleep. He wanted to play. Eventually, I just took him into the living room & let him play. At 4 am, I was able to get him to fall asleep again, and I fell asleep too, of course. But he only stayed asleep for another hour. So he played & ate breakfast. Mom & I were too tired to do a morning walk, or much of anything today. I took a half-hour nap in the morning, and a 45 minute one in the afternoon. Alex slept for 45 minutes after breakfast and 3 hours in the afternoon, and he fell asleep quite easily at 7. Hope tonight is better!

The only excursion we took today was a trip to The falafel Shop on 18th street, where we ate lunch. Alex had a packed lunch of chicken, sweet potato, and pumpkin pie baby food. Dinner was banana, chicken, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, and maybe something else - I don't remember. At breakfast he ate pancakes, banana, and sweet potato. In the afternoon, I thought he was getting better, but his last diaper of the day was a step backwards. He's itchy, too, and his nose is runny. I'll probably call the doctor in the morning to see if I should bring him in. Still seems like a food allergy to me, but I'm surprised that it hasn't cleared up yet. Perhaps I haven't eliminated the offending food, but I don't want to cut more stuff out until I'm sure that the two things I've already cut out are not the culprits.

He wasn't up for much of a video conference today - kept getting fussy - but I think that's because he was still so tired from the long night. Hopefully.

All the pictures from today (all 3) are from our lunchtime excursion and were taken with my cell phone, so...there you go.



No comments: