Thursday, November 09, 2006

'bye to Angela!

We took Angela to the airport today around lunch time, and we all ate at TGI Friday's. Very exciting. Then, sadly, we had to let Angela go through security and headed home - well, to Bed, bath, and beyond, actually, to buy a humidifier. BB&B is in Chinatown, and Alex enjoyed pushing the stroller past street musicians and really liked pushing the stroller around BB&B. Then we went straight to the S-street park and played until sundown. Lots of kids were there, include 4 that we know - I'm sure the large number of people has to do with the warm, sunny weather break we are getting (tomorrow, too!) Funny mix of people that I know, though. I first ran into Vickie and her son Mateo, who I haven't seen since last winter. Then I ran into Adam & his mom (whose name I forget again.) I've seen them from time to time in the parks, but she has had this nagging feeling that we know each other from some other source too, and today she realized that we had taken a tour & 2-hour class at GWU hospital together before Alex was born. Then her friend showed up, who also knew me (Ali & her daughter Sydney) - from music classes in Bethesda (I also have run into her once or twice in Kalorama park.) Then Leora & Eitan arrived. Anyway, I didn't get around to picture-taking until we were settled into the park.

When the sun set, we went to the car, and I found that Alex's straw cut was missing, which I never found (but Leora did - called me an hour later saying it was on top of her stroller, for which I blame the boy.)

Oh, and the important things today are that Alex is walking almost all the time - doesn't crawl much since a playdate at Emily's yesterday (Alex and Oscar have a good time together - Oscar even crawls around a bit to make Alex feel more at home, or something.) Alex is also high-fiveing us, and he says 'baf' for 'bath' - or maybe Angela already mentioned that?

Enough! Pictures...





No comments: