Friday, May 19, 2006

0519

I'm a bit on the sleepy side - I only slept about 4 hours yesterday - just couldn't fall asleep. So, I didn't, until almost 2am.

Today Alex and I stayed around the house for most of the day, in order to do laundry & take naps. After his second nap, we headed over to Eitan's apartment so that Alex could do a little playing with another baby. I brought our big blue tunnel over, too, which Eitan thought was pretty great. Last weekend, I think that Alex learned how to cruise by hanging out with Eitan, because ever since he's been cruisin' all over the place. Anyway, they both ate rice cakes, Alex finished his, then crawled over and broke off a piece of Eitan's and ate it. Manners aren't fully developed until 12 months, I think!

Alex also got to take home a sippy cup that he was trying out over at their house. He hasn't had any luck with the fancy ones that we have here, but these extremely simple ones that Eitan uses seem to work for Alex. I'd like to start to switch him over to sippy cups instead of the bottle, though I'm too tired right now to remember why. Hmmmm....

Alex did eat a few new things today. Wild rice and artichoke heart, at least. During dinner, we video-chatted with Angela, and I moved the computer over to the table by Alex's high chair so that she could hang out & chat with us while he ate. I think I'm going to keep the computer there for now - seems good.

I'm trying to convince members of my playgroup to go to the zoo tomorrow, just to hang out on the lawn, people-watch, and let babies crawl around. I emailed the entire group about an hour ago, but no responses so far.

I failed to take many pictures today, but I did get a few in the tunnel and a few in the bath. Quite the hair-do in the tub pictures...

Also, for anyone who is voraciously curious, here is a link to a map with locations of local parks and stuff marked on it, so that you can track our every move - http://platial.com/map/5933




No comments: