Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kovalam Beach

I have one full day free in Trivandrum- I had to switch rooms a the place I was staying in (toilet didn't function, it was filthy and no internet) after that was all done it was almost 10am- I took an autorickshaw to Kovalam beach which is about 17km away. I was dropped off at the fancy 5 star resort -Leela where I had an outrageously expensive burger and fries but in the oh so relaxing environment of their terraced area brrezy, overlooking the ocean by the pool. Afterwards I walked into the town of Kovalam and walked along the beaches, hung out on the beach for a little while, climbed up the lighthouse, wandered through the town, had dinner at the Leela and watched the sunet (I was craving salad and they have ok to eat salad there- they grow stuff there) then came back to my room and skyped with Peter (hooray! hooray! internet in the room!! I've skyped with Peter and the kids a bunch of times already- so nice to feel connected again!)
Anyway, here are pics.
elephant at the Leela

the relaxing pool

a palace (what I was told)

people enjoying the surf

fishing boats on the beach- they go out in the morning and evening

fishing boat, lighthouse

view from lighthouse

mosque

looking down outside

climbing the stairwell


Enjoying the beach

sunset over the Arabian Sea, fishing boats heading out

No comments: