Friday, September 08, 2006

baby jetlag

first off, i should say that I'm in Philly without pictures to post so that will have to be from Peter (hopefully we'llhave pics soon b/c I miss my boys). It was great to be back in DC- Laura came over and watched Alex (for a change of pace... haha) Weds and Thurs, all of us jetlagged. Poor baby he's so day night confused and a little more clingy than normal. Alex lays down for a nap (in his mind he's going to sleep for the night) and we go in and wake him up. Laura went in to wake him and he looked up at her and slumped back down... I went in a few minutes later and he was prone with his butt up in the air- I shook him gently and he rolled over onto his side without opening his eyes- I picked him up and he ve-e-e-ry slowly opened his eyes and kept closing them again, then spent the next hour or so staring and falling over uncoordinated whenever I tried to put him down. Poor little baby. He woke up in the middle of the night screaming again, it's so heartbreaking- he's been doing this intermittently for months and we're not sur if its night terrors or what- but he screams and cries and is so hard to console- if anyone has any thoughts/ideas- we'll ask his pediatrician but this breaks our hearts whenever it happens!

On the jetlag end, he also wakes up in the middle of the night just raring to go- we all have midnight snack b/c we're all starving- Alex has his organic purely o's (organic version of cheerios without sugar). The great thing about being home is that we can cook all sorts of veggies for Alex he LOVES his broccoli... though I'm going to miss those amazing curries...

If anyone decides to go to Thailand Gulf side for vacation- I definitely recommend Koh Phangaan- Thong Nai Pan- fantastic, beautiful, amazing and SUCH an amazing place for small children too. We stayed at Star Huts in their AC, on the beach bungalow and I would definitely recommend that you eat at BanPanburi and possibly take theircooking lesson (which Peter and I really really wanted to take b/c they have the BEST Green Curry I think I have ever tasted in my life... mmmm, green curry).

The other great thing about being home is that he will get to socialize a lot more with other babies... or toddlers (though he's not quite a toddler yet...) he LOVES other kids- when he was on the beach with three other small children two of whom were toddlers- Alex the only one crawling- he stood right up and started talking and waving his hands to the other kids... can't wait to see all the babies from playgroup! They're all going to be so grownup...

No comments: