Monday, July 10, 2006

0710

I have to play catch-up b/c I haven't posted anything in about 8 days! And, of course, I forget most of what's happened...

Let's see - Angela was here for a few days, which was great. She claims that Alex didn't remember her, but he does and had a great time with her. Of course, the weather turned a bit rainy while she was here, but there were some breaks. After she left, Jeanette and John came by for Friday and Saturday (and slept in a tent.)

Alex has decided that he is the fastest at finishing pat-a-cake! He does a few claps at the beginning, then twirls his hands a bit and throws his arms up in the air! The rest of us are still doing the initial claps. I have to make a video of it - it's hilarious.

He has also really started to get good at climbing stairs and ladders. The pull-down attic staircase, which is very steep, is one favorite to climb. Today, though, we needed to use the stepladder while we were all outside, and Alex climbed right up (3 or 4 times, actually, before the afternoon was done.) Doesn't like to go down the stairs, though.

At the top of the stairs, we have a gate. Alex likes it when I am on the stairs, with the gate open, and he's at the top. He closes the gate, turns away & squeals happily, hoping that I'll chase him on my hands & knees (which hurts the knees, in case you wondered.)

A few days ago, I took his lunch out with us to the beach (with Jeanette & John) and fed him the usual stuff, then broke out the watermelon. I started out trying to feed him little bits, but finally just held out a whole slice to his mouth, which he latched onto & wouldn't let his mouth off of it until he had consumed the whole slice. Then another, and another (small slices.)









Yum..




Ladder-climbing skills..






Fancy lunch place...








Ladder-climbing skills...


1 comment:

Middento said...

Hey -- these are some FANTASTIC photos. Only you need that watermelon one, which sounds hilarious. (Xan, by the way, also has discovered that stairs are fun... until you get to the top...)