Today, Alex got up, grinned his silly new grin with (2) ever-embiggening teeth, at 5:30. Angela got up with him and (I presume) fed him (details: pancakes made with formula and frozen, banana in little chunks, pear slices, and I don't know what else) and spent some quality time until she had to get on the Supershuttle just before 8. Alex napped from 8 to 9:30 (and I cooked some fish for his supper while he napped), then we set off for the zoo to meet my former classmate, Jennifer, and her son Henry who's 3 (her husband couldn't make it today.) Alex and Henry both really liked the prairie dogs, turtles, alligator, monkeys/apes, and elephants! Nice picnic on the not-quite-too-damp grass across from the prairie dogs (details: Rice cake, banana, veggie booty snacks.) Eventually tired children and rain sprinkles sent us to our respective homes. Alex slept for another 1.5 hours, then Laura arrived and we all went to the park for an hour. Eitan, Lucas, Emmit, and Noah were all there (those are other babies in the neighborhood that we know, for those of you who wondered), and Auntie Em, of course. Alex loved the slide, though he still can't go down it without help. Eitan beat him in one race out of two up the playstructure stairs!
Plan for tomorrow is to go to Eitan's house for morning waffles, since no outdoor activities are likely (rainy forecast.) Then Laura is here in the afternoon & I have work to do.





No comments:
Post a Comment